Treatment for Ants
Are you having a problem with ants? Pro Pest Control Gold Coast are trained and lciensed to provide ant control to homes and businesses. Ants can either be hard working or pests that ruin your picnic, but in either case you might want those ants to be far away from you. Here are some of the best ways to make sure ants don’t march one by one into your life and mess it up!
Highly social and well-organized, it is estimated that ants possibly make up 15% to 25% of all total land-based animals. Only Antarctica and a few non-livable islands have no native or invasive ants. If you have ants runing around your property call the pest control professionals today. Our pest technicians have a range of ant control treatments that are non toxic and gauranteed to last. Call our friendly team for a free quote.
What Are Ants?
Ants are bugs with elbowed antennae and a node like structure that forms their waist to separate the two segments of their bodies. They have an exoskeleton as well as a very structured social hierarchy, with Queen ants ruling the colonies and the various worker and warrior ants completing their roles within the colony.
They also can be found on all continents except for Antarctica, and most of them are omnivorous generalists that will eat just about anything. Additionally, their fossils have appeared in the Early and Late Cretaecous periods, so they’ve been around a while. The best way to eliminate them is to hire an ant control treatment company trained in dealing with these pests.
How Do Ants Live?
Claiming permanent nests in places as different as soil and under pavement, ants are clearly industrious little insects who will go vast distances to bring food back to their community. Also, if something can be considered food, there is an ant that will search it out and bring it home.
Native Ants versus Invasive Ants
One native ant species is the Jumper ant which are a poisonous ant found in Tasmania and southeast Australia. More common in rural, wooded areas, jumper ants are large with the queen measuring up to over ½ inch. Most human bites cause a mild reaction, but if an allergy is present, the sting can be dangerous. They eat primarily small insects and are most active during the day.
One invasive ant species, and there are many, that has caused ecological damage is known locally as the Yellow Crazy Ant. Brought accidentally to Christmas Island and northern Australia, it has established itself by bullying local ants and through recruiting young worker ants of other species. Their diet is quite adaptable which allowed it to survive in non-native habitats.
How Diverse are They?
Ants are a challenging species because there are so many diverse subspecies. Mainland Australia and its territories are home to 1,275 subspecies of ants. This accounts for roughly two-thirds of the world’s different sub-species of ants with Queensland having the honor of hosting the largest number of subspecies in the world. Since it is probably impossible to locate and name every ant species or subspecies, it is possible that number could be over 6,500. So, a lot of ants!
Carpenter Ants (Camponotus)
These ants are reddish black in color and can be found in various parts of the world, and they have built their nests outdoors inside of wood sources. They will often invade houses if there is no wood outside, and will tunnel through the wood to make their nests inside of their house.
Carribean Crazy Ants (Nylanderia Pubens)
These insane ants get their name from the way they move around searching for food, often moving in a jerky and erratic manner when looking for food. They are almost black in color, and are highly adaptable. They tend to enter homes after rainfall due to the effect it has on honeydew, the main food source.
Fire Ants (Solenopsis)
These red ants are very noticeable when it comes to their looks, as they are bright red with black thoraxes. Their bites tend to burn like fire and are very painful whenever you get bitten by several of these ants at once!
How To Control Ants
Immediate things to consider helping resolve your ant issue are basic household maintenance. Follow these basic ant control tips.
- Defeat them with a mixture of water and vinegar. Soak them with a spray of this mixture and they will pass away
- Try to find the nest. Some ant types will have nests in easy to find mounds in the yard, and other ants will nest inside of your walls. It will take a bit of detective work to figure out where the nest is, but if you take that out then the rest of the ants will go away.
- Trim trees and bushes that may be in contact with your house or building
- Weatherproof your house by sealing all cracks and opening
- Clean up any beverage or food waste immediately
How Do I Eliminate an Ant Problem?
Virtually impossible to eliminate, modern methods can help control your problem ant infestations, at least temporarily. Today a combination method of chemical, physical and bio-solutions help contain problems with ants. Consulting a Pro Pest Control Gold Coast to help you remove ant infestations for you. You can also try the following:
- Ant Gels – Placed inside cupboards, door hinges behind fridges.
- Insecticide bait which is taken back to nests as food and poisons the colony
- Barriers, such as caulking, weather-stripping, and removing food/water sources
- Clean, clean, clean. Ants are habitual. If they have targeted an area, remove the source and clean
Why Choose Us
- Queensland Health Licensed Pest Technicians
- Locally owned Gold Coast pest control company
- 6 month warranty on internal ant control
- Eco-friendly ant treatment and Safe for Children and Pets
- Australian Environmental Pest Managers Association Member
- Affordable and we will match any price
- 20 Years of Experience
- 100% Guaranteed satisfaction
- Free Advice
- Free Quotes
Ant Control Services
- Ant Control
- Sugar ants, brown ants, block ants
- External and Internal Treatment using Termidor
- Existing infestations of Ants will require additional treatments
Gold Coast Locations
- Northern Gold Coast
- Southern Gold Coast
- Tweed Heads and Coolangatta
- Ballina and Northern NSW
Book your job today with Pro Pest Control Gold Coast.
Plus you get free moth balls and mosquito bands for your children with every booking.
Mention this page to redeem your special deal.
Phone us on 07 5515 0220.