Treatment for Cockroaches
Do you need a professional exterminator to help remove cockroaches? Pro Pest Control Gold Coast provide treatments for all species of cockroach. Our effective cockroach control is the solutions for any home or business owner.
The primitive, pesky cockroach. Australia has its own namesake, the Australian Cockroach which is a common cockroach in many tropical areas. It is an adaptable scavenger and slightly smaller than its American cousin. Most likely from Africa, it is not native to Australia.
Cockroaches can inspire fear and curiosity when you see one inside of your home. You often start to wonder how they got inside the house and how to make sure they never come back. The answer is Pro Pest Control Gold Coast. We provide a range of proven methods to remove cockroach infestations. If you have cockroaches in your house call our trained cockroach control experts to help you.
What Are Cockroaches?
Cockroaches are general insects and are pretty hardier than the various other insects of the world. They can survive in several climates, from the arctic cold to the burning heat, and they can survive almost anywhere. They can also eat almost anything, from dead cockroaches, to paper, to old food.
Cockroaches can carry diseases which will typically cause problems with diarrhea, vomiting, and nausea. These are arguably the most common diseases that a cockroach can carry, but some of the uncommon ones can include cholera, leprosy, and dysentery.
Common Species Of Cockroaches
There are over 450 subspecies in Australia. The world’s biggest and heaviest cockroach is the Giant Burrowing cockroach. The giant burrowing cockroach is found in the tropical areas of Queensland. It grows to about 3 inches in length and can live up to ten years. As the name suggests, they borrow up to three feet where they set up home. Good news, these cockroaches are unable to fly and are not considered a relevant pest.
Cockroaches are considered social and often make community decisions about seeking food sources. Several varieties do make hissing sounds, such as the Madagascar Hissing Cockroach, and others make sounds and respond to vibration during mating. A primitive species, cockroaches do not tolerate cold very well. However, some subspecies do produce their own anti-freeze which allows them to live at temperatures up to -122 degrees C.
German Cockroach (Blattella Germanica)
If you live in South-East Queensland, then the most common type of cockroach you will see in your home is the German Cockroach. This roach comes in a pale brown color and is around 10mm in size.
American Cockroach (Periplaneta Americana)
This roach proves that everything is bigger in America, coming in at around 40mm in size. It is dark brown and mostly lives in compost heaps and industrial areas where food is abundant.
Australian Cockroach (Periplaneta Australasiae)
This cockroach is about 40mm in size and is about reddish brown in color, and they do have a few flashes of yellow on their thoraxes. They feed on plants and decaying material and are very attached to eating book bindings and glue.
Are all cockroaches considered to be pest?
Arguably, no, only about four commonly, widespread species are considered pests. However, such a distinction depends on who’s being asked, we suppose.
Cockroaches contribute to the following:
- Allergies and asthma
- Disease spread
- Can burrow into ears causing pain and deafness
How to control them
Cockroaches become resistant to pesticides. Baits and trapping are effective control methods. Long term pesticide use may become ineffective. This will necessitate the need for biological and sanitary control innovations. Rest assured we use the most effective chemicals to remove cockroaches from your home or workplace.
If you want to get these cockroaches out of your home, here are a few ways to control them:
- Figure out where they are coming from. They can come through holes in your home’s foundation, your attic or your basement. If there are holes in your home, then chances are that’s where the roaches are coming from. Make sure to seal the holes.
- Never leave food out and always make sure to clean up all crumbs, that draws the cockroaches in like crazy.
- Take care of any dark and damp areas inside of your house. These can include pantries, basements, and the areas under sinks in your bathroom and kitchen.
- Additionally, make sure to either hire an exterminator or control service to help keep your cockroach deterrents up to date!
Why Choose Us
- Licensed Pest Technicians from Queensland Health
- QBCC License
- $20,000,000 Public Liability Insured
- 12 month cockroach control warranty
- Eco-friendly Pest Control
- Members of the Australian Environmental Pest Managers Association.
- Fast and Reliable
- Years of Experience in Pest Control Industry
- 100% assured satisfaction
- Free Quotes with Best Price Gaurantee
- Cockroach Control
- German Cockroach, American Cockroach and Australian Cockroach Experts
- External and Internal Treatments
- Please note existing infestations of German Cockroaches may require additional treatments
Gold Coast Locations
- North Gold Coast – Ormeau, Pimpama, Oxenford, Helensvale, Coomera
- South Gold Coast – Palm Beach, Burliegh Heads, Currumbin
- Tweed Heads
- Northern NSW
Contact our friendly team to book your job today.
Phone us on 07 5515 0220.