Bed Bug Control
Pest Control Treatment for Bed Bugs
Do you have a problem with bed bug? A bed bug problem can be hard to treat. You need trained technicians with bed bug control experience. Pro Pest Control Gold Coast can help you remove all your bed bug infestations.
Bed Bugs are small insects that feed on the blood of warm blooded animals, especially humans, and they stay inside of beds. Then, when humans fall asleep they come out to suck our blood. If you want to make sure that these bed bugs do not bite whenever you find yourself getting ready to bed down, you n eed to hire a bed bug control expert.
Bed bugs are small, blood-feeding insects that attach themselves to soft furnishings and items like luggage. You can call our friendly pest control team today to discuss your requirements. Pro Pest Control Gold Coast are ready to take your call.
What Are Bed Bugs?
These bugs like to get into the nests and hovels of animals, as well as the beds of humans. Whenever their prey is asleep, they will suck the blood of the creature and feed for themselves. They also prefer living in dark areas: such as mattresses, clothing, couches, and other items that hide them and keep them safe.
They need to feed regularly to reproduce and survive, and will primarily feed between midnight and 5am.
Are bed bugs dangerous?
In terms of disease, no, but in terms of your wallet after an infestation, yes. Bed bugs are masters at hiding and insecticide alone will not kill them. Carried in on luggage or used furniture, once inside your house they hide in bed seams, couch cushions, curtains or any soft furnishings. They are not known to carry any diseases but avoiding and preventing being infested is the best control method.
Common Bed Bugs
This bed bug is very common in Europe and the U.S, and has immigrated to Australia, and they are one of two bed bug types that will feed on humans. These bed bugs can be infected with up to twenty eight human pathogens, but are unable to transmit these diseases to humans. If it is feeding regularly then the female bed bugs can lay up to two to three eggs per day.
This is the tropical bedbug that is one of the other types that feeds on humans. It lives in warmer areas and also requires blood from warm blooded creatures to survive. They will also change colors depending on its status with blood. If it has not had a meal of blood it will be brown, while it will display a slight red color if it has eaten.
How do I prevent bed bugs?
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, as the saying goes. If you can keep bed bugs out of your home in the first place it will be worth the work necessary to detect them. Always, always, always:
- Inspect any used furniture, bedding and bed frames before bringing them inside
- Check any luggage or tote bags for bed bugs before bringing the items in to your house
- Never put luggage on a bed for unpacking
What if bed bugs do make it into my house?
Even the most cautious homeowner can experience a problem with bed bugs. Your house can be spotless yet one piece of luggage from an overnight trip to Aunt Beulah’s can bring in a family of bed bugs. The first thing you want to do in this circumstance is to contact a professional pest control company.
Ridding your house of bed bugs will likely involve every room and requires a two-step process. Because they hide well and are very mobile, the first step is applying an insecticide, followed by a steam treatment. Insecticides do not kill all stages of bed bugs, but steam does.
Bed Bug Control Tips
- You can vacuum the carpeted areas where bed bugs might be hiding, and can change the bag to make sure the bugs don’t get out.
- Regularly wash and heat-dry your bed sheets to reduce the number of bed bugs, and also make sure to clean your laundry basket.
- Make sure to destroy any infected mattresses or furniture that you are getting rid of to make sure the bedbugs do not spread.
- Make sure that pesticides are not the first thing that you do to combat the bedbugs, you need to try other things first. Other options might be more effective and also safer.
Why Choose Us
- QBCC License
- Follow the Bed Bug Code of Practise
- Fully licensed Queensland Health Pest Management Technicians
- 20 Years of Experience in Pest Control Industry
- Australian Environmental Pest Managers Association Proud Member
- $20 Million Public Liability Insured
- Local Gold Coast Pest Control Business
- Eco-friendly Bed Bug Control Treatments
- 100% Customer satisfaction guaranteed
- Fast and Reliable Exterminators
- We Turn up on time – Or we let you know of any delays
- Free Quotations
Bed Bug Control Services
- Bed Bug Removal
- Bed Bug Treatment from $330
Locations on the Gold Coast
- Northern Gold Coast – Southport, Nerang, Helensvale, Arundel, Coomera, Pimpama, Ormeau
- Southern Gold Coast – Broadbeach, Burliegh Heads, Varsity Lakes
- Tweed Heads / Coolangatta
- Northern NSW
Get In Touch
Bed bugs infest areas quickly and look for humans to bite, usually when a person is asleep.
Don’t let the bed bugs bite!
Contact Pro Pest Control Gold Coast to schedule a suitable time to visit you.
Phone us on 07 5515 0220.